عنوان مقاله [English]
Wastewater collection network simulation in normal conditions dose not provide performance assessment in unusual circumstances. In this paper, a model has been developed for risk assessment of wastewater collection systems to manage their performance under natural or man-made critical conditions. In this model, certain criteria were defined, fuzzy MADM techniques were exploited, and a questionnaire was employed to measure such risk parameters as the probability of threats, the severity of their impacts, and the vulnerability of the network components. Based on the calculated magnitude of the risks, the threats and hazards were classified into groups ranging from low-risk to high-risk threats. The approaches adopted to combat the risks were also classified into the following three categories: "to deal with the risk", "risk shifting", and "risk taking". This process was implemented for the wastewater collection system in Shahrak-Gharb District in Tehran as a case study. ‘Introduction of chemical pollutants into the sewers’ and ‘drastic changes in wastewater quality’ were identified as the most threatening crises for the district and the ‘risk reduction strategy’ was proposed for combating the critical conditions in this district.
10. Chang, D.Y. (1996). “Application of the extent analysis method on fuzzy AHP.” European J. of Operation Research, 95(3), 649-665.
11. Deng, H. (1999). “Multi-criteria analysis with fuzzy pair wise comparison.” Proceedings of IEEE International Fuzzy Systems Conference, Seoul, Korea, 726-731.
12. Aczel, J., and Saaty, T.L. (1983), “Procedure for synthesizing ratio judgements.” J. of Mathematical Psychology, 27(1), 93-102.
13. Chi, H.K., Huery, R.Y., and Liao, L.H. (2008). “Applying fuzzy analytic hierarchy process to explore the university organizational preformance in Taiwan.” J. of Human Resource and Adult Learning, 4(1),
14. Asgharpour, M.J. (2008). Multi-criteria decision making, 15th Ed., Tehran University Press, Tehran.
15. Yager, R.R. (1980). “On a general class of fuzzy connectives.” J. of Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 4(3),
16. Sylves, R., and Cumming, W.R. (2000). “FEMA’s path to homeland security: 1979-2003.” J. of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, 1(2), doi: 10.2202/1547-7355.1029.
17. Azimi, A.S., Taklifi, A., Riazati, E., and Mesr Zadeh, A. (1390). “Increasing the capacity of existing municipal wastewater treatment plant using a MBBR (case study: Shahrak-Gharb wastewater treatment network).” 15th National Conference and Exhibition of Environmental Engineering, Tehran. (In Persian)
18. Saaty, T.L. (2008). “Decision making with the analytic hierarchy process.” Int. J. of Services Sciences, 1(1), 83-98.