نوع مقاله : مقاله پژوهشی
1 استاد مرکز تحقیقات مهندسی بهداشت محیط و گروه بهداشت محیط دانشگاه علوم پزشکی کرمان
2 دانشجوی کارشناسی ارشد مهندسی بهداشت محیط، گروه بهداشت محیط، دانشگاه علوم پزشکی کرمان، کرمان، ایران
3 کارشناسی ارشد شیمی آلی، پژوهشگر مرکز تحقیقات مهندسی بهداشت محیط، دانشگاه علوم پزشکی کرمان، کرمان، ایران
عنوان مقاله [English]
Adsorption is one of the major Processes for the removal of dyes from wastewater. This study investigates the removal of methylene blue dye, as an index color, using activated fly ash. For this purpose, fly ash from Zarand Power Plant was activated with formaldehyde in an acidic medium and used as the adsorbent. The parameters involved in the fly ash activation process (including temperature, time, formaldehyde content, as well as acid concentration and content) and those affecting the adsorption process were adjusted for optimized conditions. Experiments were performed with samples of real effluent from Baft Yazd Textile Plant. Preparation of activated fly ash was accomplished in a formaldehyde to fly ash ratio of 0.25, an acid concentration of 8%, and an acid to fly ash ratio of 6 over 5 hours. Maximum removal efficiency of methylene blue from synthetic samples (with a concentration of 50mg/L) under optimal conditions (pH: 9, contact time: 30 minutes, temperature: 35 0c, and adsorbent dose: 3g/L) was equal to 99.07 ± 0.112%. Under these same conditions, an adsorption capacity of 16.5± 0.55 mg/g was achieved. The methylene blue removal efficiency from real samples under optimal conditions was 91.8±0.36%. Based on the findings of this study, modified fly ash from Zarand Power Plant may be recommended as an inexpensive adsorbent that can be used with a high removal efficiency for removing dyes from industrial effluents.
10. Gholami, M., Mohammadi, H., Mirhosseini, Sh., Ameri, A., and Javadi, Z. (2006). “Evaluation of powdered-activated carbon treatment (PACT) process in textile dye removal.” J. of Zanjan University of Medical Sciences, 15, 59-70. (In Persian)
11. Saghi, M., Hekmatshoar, R., Vazeiri, T., Rahmani Sani, A., and Allahabadi, A. (2012).“Removal of reactive orange 3 dye from aqueous solution by biosorption technology.” Quarterly J. of Sabzevar University of Medical Sciences, 19, 127-135. (In Persian)
12. Daneshvar, N., Khataee, A.R., Rasoulifard, MH., and Seyed Dorraji, M. (2007). “Removal of organic dyes from industrial wastewaters using UV/H2O2, UV/ H2O2/Fe (II), UV/ H2O2/Fe (III) processes.” J. of Water and Wastewater, 61, 34-42. (In Persian)
13. Jamalinejad, M.A.T., and Mortazavi, S. (2011). “Removal of color from aqueous solutions containing textile dyes by dolomite wastes.” J. of Water and Wastewater, 80, 30-36. (In Persian).
14. Gupta, V., Ali, I., and Mohan, D. (2003). “Equilibrium uptake and sorption dynamics for the removal of a basic dye (basic red) using low-cost adsorbents.” J. of Colloid Interface Sci., 265, 257-264.
15. Wang, S., and Zhu, Zh. (2005). “Sonochemical treatment of fly ash for dye removal from wastewater.” J. of Hazard. Mater., 126, 91-95.
16. Wang, S., Boyjoo, Y., Choueib, A., and Zhu, Zh. (2005). “Removal of dyes from aqueous solution using fly ash and red mud.” J. of Water Res., 39, 129-138.
17. Lin, J.X., Zhan, S.L., Fang, M.H., Qian, X.Q., and Yang, H. (2008).“Adsorption of basic dye from aqueous solution onto fly ash.” J. of Environmental Management, 87, 193-200.
18. Visa, M., and Duta, A. (2013). “Methyl-orange and cadmium simultaneous removal using fly ash and photo-Fenton systems.” J. of Hazard. Mater., 244, 773-779.
19. Palma, G., Freer, J., and Baeza, J. (2003). “Removal of metal ions by modified pinus radiata bark and tannins from water solutions.” J. of Water Res., 37, 4974-4980.
20. Özer, D., Dursun, G., and Özer, A. (2007). “Methylene blue adsorption from aqueous solution by dehydrated peanut hull.” J. of Hazard. Mater., 144, 171-179.
21. Weng, C.H., and Pan, Y.F. (2007).“Adsorption of a cationic dye (methylene blue) onto spent activated clay.” J. of Hazard. Mater., 144, 355-362.
22. Yang, S-T., Chen, S., Chang, Y., Cao, A., Liu, Y., and Wang, H. (2011). “Removal of methylene blue from aqueous solution by graphene oxide.” J. of Colloid Interface Sci., 359, 24-29.
23. Bazrafshan, E., and Kord Mostafapour, F. (2012). “Evaluation of color removal of Methylene blue from aqueous solutions using plant stem ash of Persica.” J. of North Khorasan University of Medical Sciences,
4, 523-532. (In Persian)
24. Ncibi, M.C., Mahjoub, B., and Seffen, M. (2007). “Kinetic and equilibrium studies of methylene blue biosorption by Posidonia oceanica (L.) fibres.” J. of Hazard. Mater., 139, 280-285.
25. Özacar, M., and Şengil, İ.A. (2006). “A two stage batch adsorber design for methylene blue removal to minimize contact time.” J. of Environmental Management, 80, 372-379.
26. Zendehdel, M., Barati, A., Alikhani, H., and Hekmat, A. (2010). “Removal of methylene blue dye from wastewater by adsorption onto semi-inpenetrating polymer network hydrogels composed of acrylamide and acrylic acid copolymer and polyvinyl alcohol.” Iranian J. of Environmental Health Science and Engineering, 7, 15-23. (In Persian)