عنوان مقاله [English]
SBA-15 nanoporous silica was prepared and functionalized with propylamine groups via post-synthesis grafting to develop efficient adsorbents of dyes in wastewater. The materials thus prepared were then characterized by XRD, N2 adsorption-desorption, and FTIR. Adsorption of a cationic dye, malachite green, on functionalized SBA-15 was investigated under various conditions of pH (5, 6, and 7), temperature (10, 20, and 30 °C), adsorbent dosage (0.1, 0.3, and 0.5 g/L), and dye concentration (50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 mg/L). Maximum equilibrium adsorption capacity to achieve maximum removal percentage (R%=100%) in optimum conditions (dye concentration=100 mg/L, pH=7, adsorbent dosage= 0.3 g/L) was estimated at 333 mg/g. The Taguchi method was used to optimize the adsorption performances of the materials , and then the isotherm, kinetic, and thermodynamic properties were analyzed under the optimum conditions. The results showed that the overall process was fast and its kinetics was well-fitted by pseudo-second-order kinetic model. The experimental data agreed well with Freundlich model. Therefore, the maximum amount of multilayer dye adsorbed was estimated as 500 mg/g. Based on the results obtained, this process may be regarded as an endothermic one with a negative ∆G, which shows the process is also spontaneous. Finally, the results indicate that the silica‐based nanoporous organic–inorganic hybrid material can be a promising sorbent for the removal of malachite green from aquatic solutions
1. Huang, C.-H., Chang, K-P., Ou, H. D., Chiang, Y. C., and Wang, C.F. (2011). “Adsorption of cationic dyes onto mesoporous silica.” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 141(1-3), 102-109.
2. Chakraborty, S., Lpurkit, U.K., Dasgupta, S., and Basu, Y.K. (2003). “Nanofiltration of textile plant effluent for color removal and reduction in COD.” Separation and Purification Technology, 31(2), 141-151.
3. Singh, K.P., Mohan, D., Sinha, S., Tandon, G. S., and Gosh, F. (2006). “Color removal from wastewater using low-cost activated carbon derived from agricultural waste material.” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 42(9), 1965-1976.
4. Crini, G. (2006). “Non-conventional low-cost adsorbents for dye removal: A review.” Bioresour Technol., 97(9), 1061-1085.
5. Messina, P.V., and Schulz, P.C. (2006). “Adsorption of reactive dyes on titania–silica mesoporous materials.” J. of Colloid and Interface Science, 299(1), 305-320.
6. Wu, X., Hui, K. N., Hui, K.S., Lee, S.K., Lhou, W., Chen, R., Hwang, D. H., Cho, YT. R., and Son, Y. G. (2012). “Adsorption of basic yellow 87 from aqueous solution onto two different mesoporous adsorbents.” J. Chemical Engineering Journal, 180, 91-98.
7. Joo, J.B., Park, J., and Yi, J. (2009). “Preparation of polyelectrolyte-functionalized mesoporous silicas for the selective adsorption of anionic dye in an aqueous solution.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 168(1), 102-107.
8. Fu, X., Chen, X., Wang, J., and Liu, J. (2011). “Fabrication of carboxylic functionalized superparamagnetic mesoporous silica microspheres and their application for removal basic dye pollutants from water.” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 139(1-3), 8-15.
9. Xu, R., Jia, M., Zhang, Y., and Li, F. (2012). “Sorption of malachite green on vinyl-modified mesoporous poly(acrylic acid)/SiO2 composite nanofiber membranes.” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 149(1), 111-118.
10. Shahbazi, A., Younesi, H., and Badiei, A. (2011). “Functionalized SBA-15 mesoporous silica by melamine-based dendrimer amines for adsorptive characteristics of Pb(II), Cu(II) and Cd(II) heavy metal ions in batch and fixed bed column.” Chemical Engineering Journal, 168(2), 505-518.
11.Wang, J., Zheng, S., Liu, J., and Xu, Zh. (2010). “Tannic acid adsorption on amino-functionalized magnetic mesoporous silica.” Chemical Engineering Journal, 165(1), 10-16.
12. Ho, K.Y., McKay, G., and Yeung, K.L. (2003). “Selective adsorbents from ordered mesoporous Silica.” Langmuir, 19(7), 3019-3024.
13. Zanjanchi, M.A., Ebrahimian, A., and Alimohammadi, Z. (2007). “A spectroscopic study on the adsorption of cationic dyes into mesoporous AlMCM-41 materials.” Optical Materials, 29(7), 794-800.
14. Li, X.-D., Zhai, Q.-Z., and Zou, M.-Q. (2010). “Optical properties of (nanometer MCM-41)–(malachite green) composite materials.” Applied Surface Science, 257(3), 1134-1140.
15. Srivastava, S., Sinha, R., and Roy, D. (2004). “Toxicological effects of malachite green.” Aquatic Toxicology, 66(3), 319-329.
16. Alderman, D.J. (1985). “Malachite green: A review.” J. of Fish Diseases, 8(3), 289-298.
17. Mittal, A. (2006). “Adsorption kinetics of removal of a toxic dye, Malachite Green, from wastewater by using hen feathers.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 133(1-3), 196-202.
18. Tian, Y., Liu, P., Wang, X., and Lin, H. (2011). “Adsorption of malachite green from aqueous solutions onto ordered mesoporous carbons.” Chemical Engineering Journal, 171(3), 1263-1269.
19. Andersen, W.C., Turnipseed, S.B., and Roybal, J.E. (2006). “Quantitative and confirmatory analyses of malachite green and leucomalachite green residues in fish and shrimp.” J. of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 54(13), 4517-4523.
20. Pourjavadi, A., Ayyari, M., and Amini-Fazl, M.S. (2008). “Taguchi optimized synthesis of collagen-g-poly(acrylic acid)/kaolin composite superabsorbent hydrogel.” European Polymer Journal, 44(4), 1209-1216.
21. Badiei, A., Goldooz, H., and Ziarani, G.M. (2011). “A novel method for preparation of 8-hydroxyquinoline functionalized mesoporous silica: Aluminum complexes and photoluminescence studies.” Applied Surface Science, 257(11), 4912-4918.
22. IUPAC. (2008). <http://www.chem.qmul.ac.uk/iupac> (May 2013).
23. Chong, M.A.S., and Zhao, X.S. (2003). “Functionalization of SBA-15 with APTES and characterization of functionalized materials.”The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 107(46), 12650-12657.
24. Wang, S., and Li, H. (2006). “Structure directed reversible adsorption of organic dye on mesoporous silica in aqueous solution.” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 97(1), 21-26.
25. Shahbazi, A., Younesi, H., and Badiei, A. (2012). “Batch and fixed‐bed column adsorption of Cu (II), Pb (II) and Cd (II) from aqueous solution onto functionalised SBA‐15 mesoporous silica.” The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 91(4), 739-750.
26. Bulut, E., Özacar, M., and Şengil, İ.A.(2008). “Adsorption of malachite green onto bentonite: Equilibrium and kinetic studies and process design.” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 115(3), 234-246.