عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسنده [English]چکیده [English]
The increasing demand for water in developed regions has led to numerous water supply challenges. Given their sensitivity and strategic importance as zones of cargo and passenger transfer, international airports are no exception to this general rule. The potential dangers to ground subsidence on the runway as a result of excessive groundwater withdrawal warrant plans aimed at developing models for optimal groundwater withdrawal as a measure of sustainable use of aquifers. In this study, consumption and withdrawal data are used and future development plans of the Imam Khomeini International Airport are considered to develop a model for groundwater use within the region based on multi-objective programming. Considering the objectives of maximizing water supply and minimizing costs of water transmission to demand zones, the model was used to develop an optimal water allocation system for the region containing monthly groundwater withdrawal policies and graphical distribution plans. The results show that the operation instructions thus developed for each well need to be carefully executed in order to ensure its safe exploitation. Strict adherence to the instructions is expected to enhance water supply reliability and to reduce the associated costs. This approach can be tailored and scaled up for future planning horizons and is also replicable in other areas by developing the relevant objective functions and constraints.
1. Werner, A.D., Zhang, Q., Xue, L., Smerdon, B.D., Li, X., Zhu, X., Yu, L., and Li, L. (2013). “An initial inventory and indexation of groundwater Mega-Depletion cases.” Water Resources Management, 27(2), 507-533.
3. Moharram, S.H., Gad, M.I., Saafan, T.A., and Khalaf Allah, S. (2012). “Optimal groundwater management using genetic algorithm in El-Farafra oasis, western desert, Egypt.” Water Resources Management, 26(4), 927-948.
4. Qahman, K., Larabi, A., Ouazar, D., Naji, A., and Cheng, A.H.D. (2010). “Sustainable, just, equal, and optimal groundwater management strategies to cope with climate change: Insights from Brazil.” Water Resources Management, 24(13), 3731-3756.
5. Zagonari, F. (2005). “Optimal and sustainable extraction of groundwater in coastal aquifers.” Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment, 19(2), 99-110.
6. Gaur, S. Ch. S., Graillot, D., Chahar, B.R., and Nagesh Kumar, D. (2013). “Application of artificial neural networks and particle swarm optimization for the management of groundwater resources.” Water Resources Management, 27(3), 927-941.
7. Wu, J., Zheng, L., and Liu, D. (2007). “Optimizing groundwater development strategies by genetic algorithm: A case study for balancing the needs for agricultural irrigation and environmental protection in northern China.” Hydrogeology Journal, 15(7), 1265-1278.
9. Nettasana, T., Craig, J., and Tolson, B. (2012). “Conceptual and numerical models for sustainable groundwater management in the Thaphra area, Chi river basin, Thailand.” Hydrogeology Journal, 20(7), 1355-1374.
10. Mukherjee, P., Kumar Singh, C., and Mukherjee, S. (2012). “Delineation of groundwater potential zones in arid region of india—a remote sensing and GIS approach.” Water Resources Management, 26(9), 2643-2672.
15. Golian, S., Abrishamchi, A., and Tajrishy, M. (2007). “A system dynamics- based analysis of operation policies for water resources at river basin scale.” J. of Water and Wastewater, 63, 70-80. (In Persian)
16. Bazargan-Lari, M.R., Kerachian, R., Sedghi, H., Fallahnia, M., Abed-Elmdoust, A., and Nikoo, M.R. (2011). “Eveloping probabilistic operating rules for real-time conjunctive use of surface and groundwater Resources: Application of support vector machines.” J. of Water and Wastewater, 76, 54-69. (In Persian)
17. Mohammad Rezapour Tabari, M., Maknoon, R., and Ebadi, E. (2009). “Multi-objective optimal model for conjunctive use management using SGAs and NSGA-II models.” J. of Water and Wastewater, 69, 2-12. (In Persian)
18. Mohammad Rezapour Tabari, M., Maknoon, R., and Ebadi, E. (2009). “Conjunctive use management under uncertainty in aquifer parameters.” J. of Water and Wastewater, 72, 2-15. (In Persian)
19. RyAb Consulting Enginners. (2011). Report of consumption management strategies Imam Khomeini International Airport, Tehran, Iran. (In Persian)
20. RyAb Consulting Enginners. (2011). Report of estimated water requirements of International Imam Khomeini airport, 2nd Ed., Tehran. (In Persian)
21. Mohammad Rezapour Tabari, M. (2009). “Uncertainty based conjunctive use modeling in regional scall.” Ph.D. Dissertation, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department, AmirKabir University of Technology, Tehran. (In Persian)
22. Mohammad Rezapour Tabari, M. (2010). “Conjunctive use of surface and groundwater with inter-basin transfer approach: Case study Piranshahr Plain.” J. of Water and Wastewater, 80, 103-113. (In Persian)