1. Laimanso, R., Cheung, Y., and Chan, K. M. (1999). “Metal concentrations in the tissues of Rabbitfish (Siganus oramin) collected from Tolo Harbour and Victoria Harbour in Hong kong.” Marine Pollution Bulletin, 39, 234.
2. Wicker, A. M., and Gantt, L. K. (1999). Contaminant assessment of fish Rangia clams and sediments in the lower Pamlico River, North Carolina U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
3. Fowler, S. W. (1990). “Critical review of selected heavy metal and chlorinated hydrocarbon concentration in the marine environment.” Marine Environmental Research, 29, 1-64.
4. Plaskett, D., and Potter, I. (1979). “Heavy metal concentration in the muscle tissue of 12 species of teleosts from Cockburn sound, Western Australia.” Australian Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research 30(5), 607-616.
5. Mlardi, M. R., and Asghari, S. (2004). Environmental chemistry, environmental chemistry familiarity, Mobtakeran,Pub., Tehran. (In Persian)
6. Sadeghi Rad, M., Amini Ranjbar, Gh., Arshad, A., and Joshiedeh, H. (2004). “Assessing heavy metal content of muscle tissue and caviar of Acipenser persicus and Acipenser stellatus in southern Caspian Sea.” Iranian Scientific Fisheries, 79, 3-100.
7. Canli, M., and Atli, G. (2003). “The relationships between heavy metal (Cd, Cr, Cu, Fe, Pb, Zn) Levels and the size of six Mediterranean fish species.” Environ. Pollution, 121, 129-136.
8- Zolfaghari, Gh., Esmaili-Sari, A., Ghasempouri, M., and Kiabi, B. (2005). “Examination of mercury concentration in the feathers of 37 species of birds in Iran: Effect of trophic level, feeding strategy and Taxonomic Affiliation.” Iranian Journal of Marine Science, 1, 4-11.
9. Nriagu, J. O., and Pacyna, J. M. (1988). “A quantitative assessment of worldwide contamination af air, water and soils by trace metals.” Nature., 333, 134-139.
10. Sabzevari, F. (2001). “Effects of mercury on health of human and environment.” Seminar of MSc in Environment, Faculty of Natural Resources and Marine Science, Noor, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran. (In Persian)
11. UNEP. (2002). Report of the global mercury assessment working group on the work of its first meeting, Geneva, Switzerland.
12. Houserova, P. (2007). “Total mercury and mercury species in bird and fish in an aquatic ecosystem in the Czech republic.” Environmental Pollution, 145, 185-194.
13. Esmaili-Sari, A. (2003). Pollutants, health and environmental standards, Naghshe Mehr Pub, Tehran.
14. Foroughi, R., Esmaili-sari, A., and Ghasempouri, S. M. (2006). “Investigation of mercury levels as environmental toxic element in muscle of Caspian White Fish (Rutilus frisii kutum) in central seashores of southern of Caspian sea.” Iranian Scientific Fisheries, 4, 97-102. (In Persian)
15. Usero, J., Izquierdo, C., Morillo, J., and Gracia, I. (2003). “Heavy metals in fish (Solea Vulgaris, Anguilla anguilla and Liza aurata) from salt marshes on the southern Atlantic coast of Spian.” Environ. International, 29, 949- 956.
16. Lewis, S. A., and Furness, R. W. (1991). “Mercury accumulation and excretion in laboratory reared black-Headed Gulf Larus ridibundus Chicks.” Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 21, 316-320.
17. Alboderij, H. (1988). “Watershed ecosystems of Maroon, Jarahi, Zohre, and Allah, south and east of Khuzestan.” Journal of Knowledge and Development, 7-61. (In Persian)
18. Burger, J., and Gochfeld, M. (2006). “Heavy metals in commercial fish in New Jersey.” Environmental Research, 99 (3), 403-412.
19. Kehrig, H. A., Malm, O., and Moreira, I. (1998). “Mercury in a widely consumed fish Micropogonias furnieri (Demarest, 1823) from four main Brazilian estuaries.” The Science of the Total Environment, 213, 263-271.
20. Scerbo, R., Ristori, T., Stefanini, B., Ranieri, S. D., and Barghigioni, C. (2006). “Mercury assessment and evaluation of its impact on fish in the Cecina river basin (Tuscany, Italy).” Environmental Pollution, 155(1), 179-186.
21. Armed Forces Geographical Organization. (2004). Geographical dictionary of Iran's Rivers, Persian Gulf and Oman Sea, Tehran. (In Persian)
22. Zolfaghari, G., Esmaili-Sari, A., Ghasempouri, S.M., and Faghihzadeh, S. (2007). “Evaluation of environmental and occupational exposure to mercury among Iranian dentists.” Science of The Total Environment, 381, 59- 67.
23. Paydar, M., Fazeli, M.Sh., and Riahi-Bakhtiari, A. (2002). “Determination of heavy metal content in astacus leptodactylus caspicus of Anzali Wetland, Iran.” Iranian Journal of Marine Science, 1, 2-14.
24. Martin, G., Monica, A. J., and Isidor, J. (1999). “Heavy metals in the Rock Oyster (Crassostrea iridescens) from Mazaltan, Sinaloa.” Rev. Biol. Trop., 47 (4), 843-849.
25. US Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). (1997). “Health effects of mercury and mercury compounds.” In: Environmental Protection Agency (US) Mercury Study Report to Congress, Washington. DC. EPA: Pub., No.: EPA-452/R-97-007.