عنوان مقاله [English]
The design and upgrade of sludge treatment systems generally depend on the decision made regarding the appropriate system from among the options available. The selection process has become increasingly important and complex due to recent technological developments that have led to increased diversity in the available options which offer a wide variety of capabilities. The multi-criteria decision making method is one of the techniques recently developed which takes into account all the criteria involved in the decision making process. The Ghods Town WWTP in the west of Tehran located in the vicinity of residential areas has given rise to claims by citizens due to the odors emitted by the sludge sand drying bed, which justifies the replacement of the present sludge dewatering system. For this purpose, the multi-criteria decision making method based on the fuzzy synthetic evaluation method was used to identify the optimal sludge dewatering system appropriate for the WWTP under consideration. Furthermore, weighting of the subjective (social, environmental, and administrative) criteria was accomplished using the analytical hierarchy process and the objective (i.e., economic) criteria were weighted using the entropy concept. In this method, the triangular fuzzy membership function was also used to take into account the uncertainty associated with each of the decision making parameters. Based on the results obtained, the belt filter press dewatering system and the filter press were identified as the preferred solutions.
1. TurovskiyIzrail S., and Mathai P. K., (2006). Wastewater sludge processing, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., Publication, N.Y.
3. Keeny, R. L., and Raiffa, H. (1993). Decision making with multiple objectives, Preference and value tradeoffs, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
4. Peniwati, K. (2007). “Criteria for evaluating group decision making method.” Math. Comput. Model, 46 (7-8), 935-947.
5. Koorepazan Dezfuli, A. (2008). Principles of fuzzy set theory and its applications in the modeling of water engineering problems, 2nd Ed., Publishing of Collegiate Jahad Uni. of Amirkabir University, Tehran. (In Persian).
6. Karimi, A. R., Mehrdadi, N., Hashemian, S. J., Nabi-bidhendi Gh.R., and Tavakkoli, R. (2010). “Using AHP for selecting the best wastewater treatment process.” J. of Water and Wastewater, 76, 2-12. (In Persian)
7. Karimi A. R., Mehrdadi N., Hashemian S. J., Nabi-bidhendi Gh.R., and Tavakkoli, R. (2011). “Using of the fuzzy topsis and fuzzy AHP methods for wastewater treatment process selection.” International J. of Academic Research, 3(1), 737-749.
8. Shahmansouri, A., Salman Sabahi M., Rezaei Adryani, R., Lotfi, A., and Khodadadi, A. (2012). “The application of Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) in the selection of type and location of water treatment plant.” J. of Water and Wastewater, 84, 134-139. (In Persian)
9. Guangming, Z., Ru, J., Guohe, H., Min, X., and Jianbing, L. (2007). “Optimization of wastewater treatment alternative selection by hierarchy grey relational analysis.” J. of Environmental Management, 82, 250-259.
10. Chowdhury, Sh., and Husain, T. (2006). “Evaluation of drinking water treatment technology: An entropy-based fuzzy application.” J. of Environmental Engineering, 132(10), 1264-1271.
11. Taheriyoun, M., Karamouz, M., and Baghvand, A. (2010). “Development of an entropy- based fuzzy eutrophication index for reservoir water quality evaluation.” Iran. J. Environ. Health. Sci. Eng., 7 (1), 1-14.
12. Lu, R., Lo, L., and Hu, J. (1999). “Analysis of reservoir water quality using fuzzy synthetic evaluation.” Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment, 13, 327-336.
13. Dahiya, S. (2007).“Analysis of groundwater quality using fuzzy synthetic evaluation.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 147(3), 938-946.
14. Chen, S.J., and Hwang, C.L. (1992). Fuzzy multiple attribute decision-making, Springer-Verlag, New York.
15. Sadiq, R., Husain, T., Veitch, B., and Bose, N. (2004). “Risk-based decision making for drilling waste discharges using a fuzzy synthetic evaluation technique.” Ocean Eng., 31, 1929-1953.
16. Sadiq, R., and Rodriguez, M. J. (2004). “Fuzzy synthetic evaluation of disinfection by-products a risk-based indexing system.” J. of Environmental Management, 73, 1-13.
17. Saaty, T.L. (1980). The analytic hierarchy process: Planning, priority setting, resource allocation, McGraw-Hill, New York.
18. Zeleny, M. (1974). Linear multi-objective programming, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York.
19. Asgharpour, M. J. (1998). Multiple criteria decision making, University of Tehran Press, Tehran. (In Persian)
20. WEF and ASCE/EWRI. (2010). Design of municipal wastewater treatment plants, Vol. 3: Solids Processing and Management, WEF manual of practice No. 8, ASCE Manaul No. 76, Mc Graw Hill, New Yourk.