- Khorramabadi, G.S., Soltani, R.D.C., Rezaee, A., Khataee, A.R., and Jonidi Jafari, A. (2012). “Utilisation of immobilised activated sludge for the biosorption of chromium (VI).” The Canadian J. of Chemical Engineering, 90, 1539-1546.
- Dong, L., Zhu, Z., Ma, H., Qiu, Y., and Zhao, J. (2010). “Simultaneous adsorption of lead and cadmium on MnO2-loaded resin.” J. of Environmental Sciences, 22, 225-229.
- Heidari, A., Younesi, H., and Mehraban, Z. (2009). “Removal of Ni(II), Cd(II), and Pb(II) from a ternary aqueous solution by amino functionalized mesoporous and nano mesoporous silica.” Chemical Engineering Journal, 153, 70-79.
- Soltani, R.D.C., Rezaee, A., Khorramabadi, G.S., and Yaghmaeian, K. (2011). “Optimization of lead (II) biosorption in an aqueous solution using chemically modified aerobic digested sludge.” J. of Water Science and Technology, 63, 129-135.
- Rostamian, R., Najafi, M., and Rafati, A.A. (2011). “Synthesis and characterization of thiol-functionalized silica nano hollow sphere as a novel adsorbent for removal of poisonous heavy metal ions from water: Kinetics, isotherms and error analysis.” Chemical Engineering Journal, 171, 1004-1011.
- Huang, S-H., and Chen, D-H. (2009). “Rapid removal of heavy metal cations and anions from aqueous solutions by an amino-functionalized magnetic nano-adsorbent.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 163, 174-179.
- Anbia, M., and Lashgari, M. (2009). “Synthesis of amino-modified ordered mesoporous silica as a new nano sorbent for the removal of chlorophenols from aqueous media.” Chemical Engineering Journal, 150,
- Gude, K., Gun’ko, V.M., and Blitz, J.P. (2008). “Adsorption and photocatalytic decomposition of methylene blue on surface modified silica and silica-titania.” Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 325, 17-20.
- Zhao, X., Lv, L., Pan, B., Zhang, W., Zhang, S., and Zhang, Q. (2011). “Polymer-supported nanocomposites for environmental application: A review.” Chemical Engineering Journal, 170, 381-394.
10. Mata, Y.N., Blázquez, M.L., Ballester, A., González, F., and Muñoz, J.A. (2009). “Biosorption of cadmium, lead and copper with calcium alginate xerogels and immobilized Fucus vesiculosus.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 163, 555-562.
11. Lipski, A.M., Pino, C.J., Haselton, F.R., Chen, I.W., and Shastri, V.P. (2008). “The effect of silica nanoparticle-modified surfaces on cell morphology, cytoskeletal organization and function.” J. of Biomaterials, 29, 3836-3846.
12. Akar, T., Kaynak, Z., Ulusoy, S., Yuvaci, D., Ozsari, G., and Akar, S.T. (2009). “Enhanced biosorption of nickel(II) ions by silica-gel-immobilized waste biomass: Biosorption characteristics in batch and dynamic flow mode.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 163, 1134-1141.
13. Nadavala, S.K., Swayampakula, K., Boddu, V.M., and Abburi, K. (2009). “Biosorption of phenol and
o-chlorophenol from aqueous solutions on to chitosan-calcium alginate blended beads.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 162, 482-489.
14. Najafi, M., Yousefi, Y., and Rafati, A.A. (2012). “Synthesis, characterization and adsorption studies of several heavy metal ions on Amino-Functionalized Silica Nano Hollow Sphere and Silica Gel.” J. of Separation and Purification Technology, 85, 193-205.
15. Ozay, O., Ekici, S., Baran, Y., Aktas, N., and Sahiner, N. (2009). “Removal of toxic metal ions with magnetic hydrogels.” J. of Water Research, 43, 4403-4411.
16. Hua, M., Zhang, S., Pan, B., Zhang, W., Lv, L., and Zhang, Q. (2012) “Heavy metal removal from water/wastewater by nanosized metal oxides: A review.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 211/212, 317-331.
17. Sari, A., and Tuzen, M. (2008). “Biosorption of total chromium from aqueous solution by red algae (Ceramium virgatum): Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 160, 349-355.
18. Rahmani, A., Zavvar, Mousavi, H., and Fazli, M. (2010). “Effect of nanostructure alumina on adsorption of heavy metals.” J. of Desalination, 253, 94-100.