Khorramabadi, G.S., Soltani, R.D.C., Rezaee, A., Khataee, A.R., and Jonidi Jafari, A. (2012). “Utilisation of immobilised activated sludge for the biosorption of chromium (VI).” The Canadian J. of Chemical Engineering, 90, 1539-1546.
Dong, L., Zhu, Z., Ma, H., Qiu, Y., and Zhao, J. (2010). “Simultaneous adsorption of lead and cadmium on MnO2-loaded resin.” J. of Environmental Sciences, 22, 225-229.
Heidari, A., Younesi, H., and Mehraban, Z. (2009). “Removal of Ni(II), Cd(II), and Pb(II) from a ternary aqueous solution by amino functionalized mesoporous and nano mesoporous silica.” Chemical Engineering Journal, 153, 70-79.
Soltani, R.D.C., Rezaee, A., Khorramabadi, G.S., and Yaghmaeian, K. (2011). “Optimization of lead (II) biosorption in an aqueous solution using chemically modified aerobic digested sludge.” J. of Water Science and Technology, 63, 129-135.
Rostamian, R., Najafi, M., and Rafati, A.A. (2011). “Synthesis and characterization of thiol-functionalized silica nano hollow sphere as a novel adsorbent for removal of poisonous heavy metal ions from water: Kinetics, isotherms and error analysis.” Chemical Engineering Journal, 171, 1004-1011.
Huang, S-H., and Chen, D-H. (2009). “Rapid removal of heavy metal cations and anions from aqueous solutions by an amino-functionalized magnetic nano-adsorbent.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 163, 174-179.
Anbia, M., and Lashgari, M. (2009). “Synthesis of amino-modified ordered mesoporous silica as a new nano sorbent for the removal of chlorophenols from aqueous media.” Chemical Engineering Journal, 150,
Gude, K., Gun’ko, V.M., and Blitz, J.P. (2008). “Adsorption and photocatalytic decomposition of methylene blue on surface modified silica and silica-titania.” Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 325, 17-20.
Zhao, X., Lv, L., Pan, B., Zhang, W., Zhang, S., and Zhang, Q. (2011). “Polymer-supported nanocomposites for environmental application: A review.” Chemical Engineering Journal, 170, 381-394.
10. Mata, Y.N., Blázquez, M.L., Ballester, A., González, F., and Muñoz, J.A. (2009). “Biosorption of cadmium, lead and copper with calcium alginate xerogels and immobilized Fucus vesiculosus.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 163, 555-562.
11. Lipski, A.M., Pino, C.J., Haselton, F.R., Chen, I.W., and Shastri, V.P. (2008). “The effect of silica nanoparticle-modified surfaces on cell morphology, cytoskeletal organization and function.” J. of Biomaterials, 29, 3836-3846.
12. Akar, T., Kaynak, Z., Ulusoy, S., Yuvaci, D., Ozsari, G., and Akar, S.T. (2009). “Enhanced biosorption of nickel(II) ions by silica-gel-immobilized waste biomass: Biosorption characteristics in batch and dynamic flow mode.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 163, 1134-1141.
13. Nadavala, S.K., Swayampakula, K., Boddu, V.M., and Abburi, K. (2009). “Biosorption of phenol and
o-chlorophenol from aqueous solutions on to chitosan-calcium alginate blended beads.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 162, 482-489.
14. Najafi, M., Yousefi, Y., and Rafati, A.A. (2012). “Synthesis, characterization and adsorption studies of several heavy metal ions on Amino-Functionalized Silica Nano Hollow Sphere and Silica Gel.” J. of Separation and Purification Technology, 85, 193-205.
15. Ozay, O., Ekici, S., Baran, Y., Aktas, N., and Sahiner, N. (2009). “Removal of toxic metal ions with magnetic hydrogels.” J. of Water Research, 43, 4403-4411.
16. Hua, M., Zhang, S., Pan, B., Zhang, W., Lv, L., and Zhang, Q. (2012) “Heavy metal removal from water/wastewater by nanosized metal oxides: A review.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 211/212, 317-331.
17. Sari, A., and Tuzen, M. (2008). “Biosorption of total chromium from aqueous solution by red algae (Ceramium virgatum): Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 160, 349-355.
18. Rahmani, A., Zavvar, Mousavi, H., and Fazli, M. (2010). “Effect of nanostructure alumina on adsorption of heavy metals.” J. of Desalination, 253, 94-100.