1. Matilainen, A., Gjessing, E., Lahtinen, T., Hed, L., Bhatnagar, A., and Sillanpää, M. (2011). “Review an overview of the methods used in the characterization of Natural Organic Matter (NOM) in relation to drinking water treatment.” Chemosphere, 83, 1431-1442.
2. Sarkar, B., Venkateswralu, N., Nageswara Rao, R., Bhattacharjee, Ch., and Kale, V. (2007). “Treatment of pesticide contaminated surface water for production of potable water by a coagulation–adsorption–nanofiltration approach.” Desalination, 212, 129-140.
3. Paykary, M., Mehrabani, A. (2008). Book water treatment fundamental, 3rd Ed., Danesh Ardakan Pub., Isfahan. (In Persian)
4. Lehr, J., and Keleey, J. (2005). Ebook water encyclopedia surface and agricultural water, Wily-Interscience, N.Y.
5. Orecki, A., Tomaszewska, M., Karakulski, K., and Morawski, A.W. (2004). “Surface water treatment by nanofiltration method.” Desalination, 162, 47-54.
6. Nemade, P., Kadam, A., and Shankar, H.S. (2009). “Removal of iron, arsenic and coliform bacteria from water by novel constructed soil filter system.” Ecological Engineering, 35, 1152-1157.
7. Dunling, W., and Wanda, F. (2008). “Evaluation of media for simultaneous enumeration of total coliform and Escherichia coli in drinking water supplies by membrane filtration techniques.” J. of Environmental Sciences, 20, 273-277.
8. Mukhopadhyay, Ch., Vishwanath, Sh., Eshwara, V., Shankaranarayana, Sh., and Sagir, A. (2012). “Microbial quality of well water from rural and urban households in Karnataka, India: A cross-sectional study.” J. of Infection and Public Health, 5, 257-262.
9. Pitkänen, T., Paakkari, P., Miettinen, I., Heinonen-Tanski, H., Paulin, L., and Liisa Hänninen, M. (2007). “Comparison of media for enumeration of coliform bacteria and Escherichia coli in non disinfected water.” J. of Microbiological Methods, 68, 522-529.
10. Schraft, H., and Watterworth, L.A. (2005). “Enumeration of heterotrophs, fecal coliforms and Escherichia coli in water: Comparison of 3Mk Petrifilmk plates with standard plating procedures.” J. of Microbiological Methods. 60, 335-342.
11. Emamjomeh, M., and Sivakumar, M. (2009). “Review of pollutants removed by electrocoagulation and electrocoagulation/flotation processes.” J. of Environmental Management, 90, 1663-1679.
12. Wan, W., Pepping, T., Banerji, T., Chaudhari, S., and Giammar, D. (2011). “Effects of water chemistry on arsenic removal from drinking water by electrocoagulation.” Water Research, 45, 384-392.
13. Comninellis, Ch., and Chen, G.U. (2010). Ebook electrochemistry for the environment, Spring Pub.
14. Parga, J., Cocke, D., Valenzuela, J., Gomes, J., Kesmez, M., Irwin, G., Moreno, H., and Weir, M. (2005). “Arsenic removal via electrocoagulation from heavy metal contaminated groundwater in La Comarca Lagunera M´exico.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 124, 247-254.
15. Mollah Yousuf, A. M., Schennach, R., Parga, J.R., and Cocke, D. (2001). “Electrocoagulation (EC) science and applications.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 84, 29-41.
16.Rabbani, D., Bigdeli, M., and Ghadami, F., (2012). “Comparing the effect of electrochemical process and alum coagulation in removing turbidity and coliform bacteria from the synthetic wastewater.” Feyz, J. of Kashan University of Medical Sciences, 3, 273-281.
17. Ghernaout, D., Badis, A., Kellil, A., and Ghernaout, B. (2008). “Application of electrocoagulation in Escherichia coliculture and two surface waters.” Desalination, 219, 118-125.
18. APHA. (1998). Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater, 20th Ed., USA.
19. Kobya, M., Ulu, F., Gebologlu, U., Demirbas, E, and Oncel S. M. (2011). “Treatment of potable water containing low concentration of arsenic with electrocoagulation: Different connection modes and Fe–Al electrodes.” Separation and PurificationTechnology, 77, 283-293.
20. Ghosh, D., Solanki, H., and Purkait, M. K. (2008). “Removal of Fe(II) from tap water by electrocoagulation technique.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 155, 135-143.
21. Kumar P., Chaudhari, S., Khilar, K., and Mahajan, S. (2004). “Removal of arsenic from water by electrocoagulation.” Chemosphere, 55, 1245-1252.
22. Malakootian, M., Mansoorian, H.J., and Moosazadeh, M. (2010). “Performance evaluation of electrocoagulation process using iron-rod electrodes for removing hardness from drinking water.” Desalination, 255, 67-71.
23. Bazrafshan, E., Mahvi A.H, Naseri S., and Mesdaghinia, A.R. (2008). “Performance evaluation of electrocoagulation process for removal of chromium (VI) from synthetic chromium solutions using iron and aluminum electrodes.” Turkish J. Eng. Env. Sci., 32, 59-66.
24. Mahvi, A.H., Bazrafshan, E., Mesdaghinia, A.R., Nasseri, S., and Vaezi, F. (2007). “Chromium (Cr+6) removal from aqueous environments by electrocoagulation process using aluminum electrodes.” J. of Water and Wastewater, 62, 28-34. (In Persian)
25.Vepsalainen, M., Ghiasvand, M., Selin, J, Pienimaa, J., Repo, E., Pulliainen, M., and Sillanpaa, M. (2009). “Investigations of the effects of temperature and initial sample pH on NaturalOrganic Matter (NOM) removal with electrocoagulation using response surfacemethod (RSM).” Separation and Purification Technology, 69, 255-261.
26. Modirshahla, N., Behnajady, M.A, and Mohammadi-Aghdam, S. (2008). “Investigation of the effect of different electrodes and their connections on the removal efficiency of 4-nitrophenol from aqueous solution by electrocoagulation.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 154,778-786.