1. Athar, M., and Vohora, S. (1995). Heavy metals and environment, New Age International Publisher, New Delhi.
5. Inbaraj, B.S., Wang, J.S., Lu, J.F., Siao, F.Y., and Chen, B.H. (2009 ). “Adsorption of toxic mercury(II) by an extracellular biopolymer poly(γ-glutamic acid)
.” Bioresource Technology
, 100, 200-207.
6. Vieira, R., and Volesky, B. (2000). “Biosorption : A solution to pollution. ” International Microbiol, 3, 17-24.
7. Ngah, W.S.W., Kamari, A., and Koay, Y.J. (2004). “Equilibrium and kinetics studies of copper (II) on chitosan and chitosan/PVA beads.” International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 34, 155-161.
8. Kannamba, B., and Reddy, K.L. (2010). “Apparao BV. removal of Cu(II) from aqueous solutions using chemically modified chitosan.” Journal of Hazardous Materials, 175, 939-948.
9. Elwakeel, K.Z. (2010). “Removal of Cr(VI) from alkaline aqueous solutions using chemically modified magnetic chitosan resins.” Desalination, 250, 105-112.
10. Cao, J., Tan, Y.B., Che, Y.J., and Xin, H.P. (2010). “Novel complex gel beads composed of hydrolyzed polyacrylamide and chitosan: an effective adsorbent for the removal of heavy metal from aqueous solution.” Bioresource Technol., 101, 2558-2561.
11. Shawky, H.A. (2009). “Synthesis of ion-imprinting chitosan/PVA crosslinked membrane for selective removal of Ag(I).” J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 114, 2608-2615.
12. Ezequiel, S.J., Edel, F.S., Alexandra, A.P., Mansur, W.L.V., and Herman, S.M. (2009). “Preparation and characterization of chitosan/poly(vinyl alcohol) chemically crosslinked blends for biomedical applications
.” Carbohydrate Polymers
, 76, 472-481.
16.Warren, H.P., and Li-Chen, H. (1979). “Three methods for in situ cross-linking of polyvinyl alcohol films for application as Ion-conducting membranes in potassium hydroxide electrolyte.” NASA Technical Paper, 1407, 1-15.
17. Sheikh, N., and Kianfar, Sh. (2010). “Preparation of polyvinyl alcohol absorbent films: Comparison of radiation and chemical crosslinked films.” Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology, 50, 14-20.
18. Venkata, S.M., Vijaya, Y., Subba, A.R., Yuvaraja, G., and Krishnaiah, A. (2011). “Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies on the biosorption of Cu(II) onto Trametes versicolor biomass.” Desalination
19. Bahrami, S.B., Kordestani, S.S., Mirzadeh, H., and Mansoori, P. (2003). “Poly(vinyl alcohol)- chitosan blends: Preparation, mechanical and physical properties.” Iranian Polymer Journal, 12, 139-146.
20. Park, S.Y., Jun, S.T., and Marsh, K.S. (2001). “Physical properties of PVOH/Chitosan blended films cast from different solvents.” Food Hydrocolloids, 15, 499-502.
21. Ilhan, U., and Fuat, G. (2000). “Adsorption of Some heavy metal ions from aqueous solution by activated carbon and comparison of percent adsorption results of activated carbon with those of some other adsorbents.” Turk. J. Chem, 24, 291- 297.
22. Igwe, J.C., and Abia, A.A. (2007). “Adsorption isotherm studies of Cd (II), pb(II) and Zn (II) ions bioremediation from aqueous solution using unmodified and EDTA-modified maize cob.” Ecletica Quimico, 32, 33-42.
23. Burgess, J. (1978). Metal ions in solution, Ellis Horwood,Chichester, England.
24. Hamdaoui, O., and Emmanuel, N. (2007). “Modeling of adsorption isotherms of phenol and chlorophenols onto granular activated carbon Part I. two-parameter models and equations allowing determination of thermodynamic parameters.” Journal of Hazardous Materials, 147, 381-394.
25. Srinivasa, R., Popuri, Y., Vijaya, V. M., and Boddu, K.A. (2009). “Adsorptive removal of copper and nickel ions from water using chitosan coated PVC beads.” Bioresource Technology, 100, 194-199.
26. Cybelle, M.F., Wan-Chi, T., Shiow-Shyung, L., Maria, L.D., and Meng-Wei, W. (2012). “Copper, nickel and lead adsorption from aqueous solution using chitosan-immobilized on bentonite in a ternary system.” Sustain. Environ. Res, 22(6), 345-355.
27. Serkan, K. (2007). “Comparative adsorption studies of heavy metal ions on chitin and chitosan biopolymers.” M.Sc. Thesis, Izamir University, Turkey.
28. Krishnapriya, K.R., and Kandaswamy, M. (2010). “A new chitosan biopolymer derivative as metal-complexing agent: synthesis, characterization, and metal(II) ion adsorption studies.” Carbohydrate Research, 345, 2013-2022.
, V.N., Dincer
, A., Becerik
, S., Aydemir
, T., and Celik
, A. (2012). “Comparative adsorption of Ni(II) and Cd(II) ions on epichlorohydrin crosslinked chitosan-clay composite beads in aqueous solution.” Chemical Engineering Journal
, 197, 379-386.
30. Zhang, G.Y., Qu, R.J., Sun, C.M., Ji, C.N., Chen, H., and Wang, C.H. (2008). “Adsorption for metal ions of chitosan coated cotton fiber.” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 110, 2321-2327.
31. Tran, H.V., Tran, L.D., and Nguyen, T.N. (2010). “Preparation of chitosan/magnetite composite beads and their application for removal of Pb(II) and Ni(II) from aqueous solution.” Material Science and Engineering C, 30, 304-310.