عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
In this study detection and measurment of chlorophylls a and b by using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC/UV-VIS) in Karaj,Taleghan and Latian Reservoirs were performed.The calibration graphs were linear with very good correlation coefficients (r > 0.999) for chlorophylls a and b. Samples were collected from Karaj, Taleghan, and Latian Reservoirs in duplicate for years 2012-2013. The avarage chlorophyll a and b in Karaj Resevoir were 4.5 and 0.028 µg/l, Taleghan Reservoir 2.4 and 0.04 µg/l, and Latian Reservoir 3 and 0.03 µg/l ,respectively, and in some cases less than detection limit (LOD). This study showed that high performance liquid chromatography is a valid method for determination of chlorophylls a and b in natural water samples in microgram per liter.
1. Rolland, A., Bertrand, F., Maumy, M., and Jacquet, S. (2009). “Assessing phytoplankton structure and spatiotemporal dynamic in freshwater ecosystem using powerful multiway statistical analysis.” J. Water Res., 43 (13), 3155-3168.
2. Monnavary, M., Noori, J., and Sohrabnia, N. (2012). “Phytoplankton assembly effect in Karaj reservoir water quality.” J.Water and Wasrewater, 86, 19-30. (In Persian)
3. Pasztaleniec, A., and Poinewozik, M. (2009). “Phytoplankton based assessment of the ecological statues of four shallow lakes (eastern poland) according to water framework directive comparison of approach.” Limnologica, 40, 251-259.
4. Shapoori, M., and Javanshir, A. (2006). “The study of chlorophyll a and biomass in mouth of Tajan river.”
J. of Marine Biology, 1 (3), 78-88. (In Persian)
5. WQRRSR. (2009). Guidelines for water quality studies of large dam reservoirs, No.313-a
6. Nasrollahzadeh Saravi, H., and Makhlough, A. (2012). “Eutrophication trend of the Caspian sea water based on absolute trophic scaled (TRIXCS) and unscaled (UNTRIX).” J. of Environmental Sciences, 9, 49-60.
7. Sinclair, A. (2009). “Photodetection system for the measurement of chlorophyll concentration in water.” EE 533 Photodetection & Photodetectors.
8. Jeffrey, S.W., and Humphrey, G.F. (1975). “New spectrophotometric equations for determining chlorophylls a, b, c1 and c2 in higher plants, algae and natural phytoplankton.” Biochem. Physiol. Pflanzen, 167, 191-194.
9. Lorenzen, C.J., and Jeffrey, S.W. (1980). Determination of chlorophyll in seawater: Report of intercalibration test UNESCO, Technical Papers in Marine Science 35 .
10. Chisholm, S.W., Olson, R.J., Zettler, E.R., Goericke, R., Waterbury, J.B., and Welschmeyer, J.B. (1988). “A novel free-living prochlorophyte abundant in the oceanic euphotic zone.” Nature, 334, 340-343.
11. Mantoura, R.F.C., and Llewellyn, C.A. (1983). “The rapid determination of algal chlorophyll and carotenoid pigments and their breakdown products in natural waters by reverse-phase high-performance liquid chromatography.” Anal. Chim. Acta, 151, 297-314.
12. EPA. (1997). In vitro determination of chlorophylls a and b and identification of other pigments of interest in marine and freshwater algae using high performance liquid chromatography with visible wavelength detection, version 1, USA.
13. EPA. Methods 446, (1997). Determination of chlorophylls a and b ,c1+c2 and pheopigments in marine and freshwater algae by visible spectrophotometer, Revision 1.2, USA.
14. Harding, L. W., Meesoon, W., and Fisher, T. R. (1986). “Phytoplankton production in two east coast estuaries: Photosynthesis-light functions and pattern of carbon assimilation in Chesapeake and Delaware Bays.” Estuarine Coastal and Shelf Science, 23, 773-806.
15. Shahrban, M., and Shahidi, A. (2008). “Determination of water quality of the Caspian sea sauther coasts based on OECD method and traphic index (TRIX).” J. of Environmental Science and Tech., 11 (3), 193-204.