1. Bedelean, H., Maicaneanu, A., Burca, S., and Stanca, M. (2009). “Removal of heavy metal ions from wastewaters using natural clays.” J. of Clay Minerals, 44, 487- 495.
2. Rifaqat, A. Kh. R., and Kashifuddin, M. (2012). “Adsorption studies of Cd(II) on ball clay: Comparison with other natural clays.” Arabian Journal of Chemistry, (In Press).
3. Abollino, O., Aceto, M., Malandrino, M., Sarzanini, C., and Mentasti, E. (2003). “Adsorption of heavy metals on Na-montmorillonite: Effect of pH and organic substances.” J. of Water Res., 37, 1619-1627.
4. Gupta, S.S., and Bhattacharyya, K.G. (2006). “Removal of Cd(II) from aqueous solution by kaolinite, montmorillonite and their poly [oxo zirconium] and tetrabutyl ammonium derivatives.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 128, 247-257.
5. Iran National Standard. (2009). Drinking water physical & chemical specifi –cations, No. 1053. (In Persian)
6. Gupta, S.S., and Bhattacharyya , K.G. (2008). “Immobilization of Pb(II), Cd(II) and Ni(II) ions on kaolinite and montmorillonite surfaces from aqueous medium.” J. of Environmental Management, 87, 46-58
7. ATSDR. (1999). “Toxicological profile for cadmium.” US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Services (Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry), Atlanta, GA.
8. Bhattacharyya, K.G., and Gupta, S.S. (2006). “Adsorption of chromium (VI) from water by clays.” Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 45, 7232-7240.
9. Mallakpoura, Sh., and Moslemia, S. (2012). “Dispersion of chiral amino acid organomodified Cloisite Na+ in poly (vinyl alcohol) matrix for designing of novel bionanocomposite films.” J. Progress in Organic Coatings, 74, 8-13.
10. Ouhadi, V.R., and Amiri, M. (2011). “Geo-environmental behaviour of nanoclays in interaction with heavy metals contaminant.” Amirkabir Journal of Civil Engineering, 42(3), 29-36. (In Persian)
11. Ouhadi, V.R., and Amiri, M. (2012). “Capability of nanoclays for environmental contaminant adsorption with specific attention to the heavy metal retention.” 9th International Congress on Civil Eng., Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran. (In Persian)
12. Eltantawy, I.M., and Arnold, P.W. (1973). “Reappraisal of ethylene glycol mono-ethyl ether (EGME) method for surface area estimation of clays.” Soil Sci., 24(2), 232-238.
13. Lataye, D.H., Mishra, I.M., and Mall, I.D., (2006). “Removal of pyridine from aqueous solution by adsorption on bagasse fly ash.” Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 45, 3934-3943.
14. Pandey, S., and Mishra, Sh.B. (2011). “Organic–inorganic hybrid of chitosan/organoclay bionano -composites for hexavalent chromium uptake.” J. of Colloid and Interface Science, 361, 509-520
15. Zavvar Mousavi, S.H., Fazli, M., and Rahmani, A. (2011). “Removal of cadmium from aqueous solution by nano structured g-Alumina.” J. of Water and Wastewater, 80, 9-20. (In Persian)
16. Heidari, A., Younesi, H., and Mehraban, Z. (2009). “Removal of Cd(II), Ni(II), and Pb(II) ions in an aqueous solution by chemically modified nanoporous MCM-41." J. of Water and Wastewater, 73, 25-33. (In Persian)
17. Ghorbani, F., and Younesi, H. (2008). “Biosorption of cadmium(II) ions by Saccharomyces Cerevisiae biomass from aqueous solutions.” J. of Water and Wastewater, 68, 33-39. (In Persian)
18. Kadirvelu, A., and Namasivayam, C. (2003). “Activated carbon from coconut coirpith as metal adsorbent: Adsorption of Cd(II) from aqueous solution.” Advances in Environmental Research, 7, 471-478.
19. Li, Y., Wang, J., Wang, X., and Wang, J. (2012). “Adsorption−desorption of Cd(II) and Pb(II) on Ca-montmorillonite.” J. of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 51, 6520-6528.
20. Gupta, S.S., and Bhattacharyya, K.G. (2011). “Kinetics of adsorption of metal ions on inorganic materials: Areview.” J. of Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 162, 39-58.
21. Zhang, H., Tong, Zh., Wei, T., and Tang, Y. (2011). Removal characteristics of Zn(II) from aqueous solution by alkaline Ca-bentonite.” Desalination, 276, 103-108.