Eren, E. (2009). “Removal of lead ions by Unye (Turkey) bentonite in iron and magnesium oxide-ated forms.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 165, 63-70.
He, Y.F., Zhang, L., Wang, R.M., Li, H.R., and Wang, Y. (2012). “Loess clay based copolymer for removing Pb(II) ions.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 227/228, 334-340.
Niu, Y., Qu, R., Sun, C., Wang, C., Chen, H., Ji, C., Zhang, Y., Shao, X., and Bu, F. (2013). “Adsorption of Pb(II) from aqueous solution by silica-gel supported hyperbranched polyamidoamine dendrimers.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 244/245, 276-286.
Ozcan, A.S., Gok, O., and Ozcan, A. (2009). “Adsorption of lead(II) ions onto 8-hydroxy quinoline-immobilized bentonite.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 161, 499-509.
Liu, B., Lv, X., Meng, X., Yu, G., and Wang, D. (2013). “Removal of Pb(II) from aqueous solution using dithiocarbamate modified chitosan beads with Pb(II) as imprinted ions.” J. of Chemical Engineering,
Ozdes, D., Gundogdu, A., Kemer, B., Duran, C., Senturk, H.B., and Soylak, M. (2009). “Removal of Pb(II) ions from aqueous solution by a waste mud from copper mine industry: Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic study.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 166, 1480-1487.
Gupta, N., Kushwaha, A.K., and Chattopadhyaya, M.C. (2012). “Adsorptive removal of Pb2+, Co2+ and Ni2+by hydroxyapatite/chitosan composite from aqueous solution.” J. of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, 43, 125-131.
Zhang, H., Tong, Z., Wei, T., and Tang, Y. (2012). “Sorption characteristics of Pb(II) on alkaline Ca-bentonite.” J. of Applied Clay Science, 65/66, 21-23.
Liang, X., Xu, Y., Wang, L., Sun, Y., Lin, D., Sun, Y., Qin, X., and Wan, Q. (2013). “Sorption of Pb2+ on mercapto functionalized sepiolite,” J. of Chemosphere, 90, 548-555.
10. Fan, Q., Li, Z., Zhao, H., Jia, Z., Xu, J., and Wu, W. (2009). “Adsorption of Pb(II) on palygorskite from aqueous solution: Effects of pH, ionic strength and temperature.” J. of Applied Clay Science, 45, 111-116.
11. Hamidpour, M., Kalbasi, M., Afyuni, M., Shariatmadari, H., and Furrer, G. (2011). “Sorption of lead on Iranian bentonite and zeolite: Kinetics and isotherms.” J. of Environ. Earth. Sci., 62, 559-568.
12. Boudrahem, F., Soualah, A., and Aissani-Benissad, F. (2011). “Pb(II) and Cd(II) removal from aqueous solutions using activated carbon developed from coffee residue activated with phosphoric acid and zinc chloride.” J. of Chem. Eng. Data, 56, 1946-1955.
13. Yu, F., Wu, Y., Ma, J., and Zhang, C. (2013). “Adsorption of lead on multi-walled carbon nanotubes with di fferent outer diameters and oxygen contents: Kinetics, isotherms and thermodynamics.” J. of Environmental Sciences, 25(1), 195-203.
14. Wan Ngah, W.S., and Fatinathan, S. (2010). “Pb(II) biosorption using chitosan and chitosan derivatives beads: Equilibrium, ion exchange and mechanism studies.” J. of Environmental Sciences, 22(3), 338-346.
15. Wan Ngah, W.S., Teong, L.C., and Hanafiah, M.A.K.M. (2011). “Adsorption of dyes and heavy metal ions by chitosan composites: A review.” J. of Carbohydrate Polymers, 83, 1446-1456.
16. Wan, M.W., Kan, C.C., Rogel, B.D., and Dalida, M.L.P. (2010). “Adsorption of copper (II) and lead (II) ions from aqueous solution on chitosan-coated sand.” J. of Carbohydrate Polymers, 80, 891-899.
17. Fan, L., Luo, C., Sun, M., Li, X., and Qiu, H. (2013). “Highly selective adsorption of lead ions by water-dispersible magnetic chitosan/graphene oxide composites.” J. of Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 103, 523- 529.
18. Laus, R., Costa, T.G., Szpoganicz, B., and Favere, V.T. (2010). “Adsorption and desorption of Cu(II), Cd(II) and Pb(II) ions using chitosan crosslinked with epichlorohydrin-triphosphate as the adsorbent.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 183, 233-241.
19. Futalan, C.M., Kan, C.C., Dalida, M.L., Hsien, K.J., Pascua, C., and Wan, M.W. (2011). “Comparative and competitive adsorption of copper, lead, and nickel using chitosan immobilized on bentonite.” J. of Carbohydrate Polymers, 83, 528-536.
20. Wang, L., and Wang, A. (2008). “Adsorption behaviors of Congo red on the N, O-carboxymethyl-chitosan/montmorillonite nanocomposite.” J. of Chemical Engineering, 143, 43-50.
21. Humelnicu, D., Dinu, M.V., and Dragan, E.S. (2011). “Adsorption characteristics of UO22+ and Th4+ ions from simulated radioactive solutions onto chitosan/clinoptilolite sorbents.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 185, 447-455.
22. Chen, D., Li, W., Wu, Y., Zhu, Q., Lu, Z., and Du, G. (2013). “Preparation and characterization of chitosan/montmorillonite magnetic microspheres and its application for the removal of Cr (VI).” J. of Chemical Engineering, 221, 8-15.
23. Monvisade, P., and Siriphannon, P. (2009). “Chitosan intercalated montmorillonite: Preparation, characterization and cationic dye adsorption.” J. of Applied Clay Science,42, 427- 431.
24. Peng, Y., Chen, D., Ji, J., Kong, Y., Wan, H., and Yao, C. (2013). “Chitosan-modified palygorskite: Preparation, characterization and reactive dye removal.” J. of Applied Clay Science, 74, 81-86.
25. Gandhi, M.R., Kousalya, G.N., and Meenakshi, S. (2011). “Removal of copper(II) using chitin/chitosan nano-hydroxyapatite composite.” Int. J. of Biological Macromolecules, 48, 119-124.
26. Santos, H.H., and Demarchi, C.A. (2011). “Adsorption of As(III) on chitosan-Fe-crosslinked complex
(Ch-Fe).” J. of Chemosphere, 82, 278-283.
27. Saravanan, D., Gomathi, T., and Sudha, P.N. (2013). “Sorption studies on heavy metal removal using chitin/bentonite biocomposite.” Int. J. of Biological Macromolecules, 53, 67-71.
28. Monier, M., Ayad, D.M., Wei, Y., and Sarhan, A.A. (2010). “Adsorption of Cu(II), Co(II), and Ni(II) ions by modified magnetic chitosan chelating resin.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 177, 962-970.
29. Zou, X., Pan, J., Ou, H., and Wang, X. (2011). “Adsorptive removal of Cr(III) and Fe(III) from aqueous solution by chitosan/attapulgite composites: Equilibrium, thermodynamics and kinetics.” J. of Chemical Engineering, 167, 112-121.
30. Wan Ngah, W.S., Teong, L.C., Toh, R.H., and Hanafiah, M.A.K.M. (2013). “Comparative study on adsorption and desorption of Cu(II) ions by three types of chitosan-zeolite composites.” J. of Chemical Engineering, 223, 231-238.
31. Wan Ngah, W.S., Teong, L.C., Toh, R.H., and Hanafiah, M.A.K.M. (2012). “Utilization of chitosan-zeolite composite in the removal of Cu(II) from aqueous solution: Adsorption, desorption and fixed bed column studies.” J. of Chemical Engineering, 209, 46-53.
32. Zhai, R., Zhang, B., Wan, Y., Li, C., Wang, J., and Liu, J. (2013). “Chitosan-halloysite hybrid-nanotubes: Horseradish peroxidase immobilization and applications in phenol removal.” J. of Chemical Engineering, 214, 304-309.
33. Gandhi, M.R., and Meenakshi, S. (2012). “Preparation and characterization of silica gel/chitosan composite for the removal of Cu(II) and Pb(II).” Int. J. of Biological Macromolecules, 50, 650-657.
34. Bidgoli, H., Zamani, A., and Taherzadeh, M.J. (2010). “Effect of carboxymethylation conditions on the water-binding capacity of chitosan-based superabsorbents.” J. of Carbohydrate Research, 345, 2683-2689.
35. Rhoads, J.W. (1986). “Cation exchange capacity.” Page, C.A. (Ed.), Methods of soil analysis Part 2. ASA, Madison, WI, 149-158.
36. Sheikhhosseini, A., Shirvani, M., and Shariatmadari, H. (2013). “Competitive sorption of nickel, cadmium, zinc and copper on palygorskite and sepiolite silicate clay minerals.” J. of Geoderma, 192, 249-253.
37. Gunay, A., Arslankaya, E., and Tosun, I. (2007). “Lead removal from aqueous solution by natural and pretreated clinoptilolite: Adsorption equilibrium and kinetics.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 146, 362-371.
38. Bakhtiary, S., Shirvani, M., and Shariatmadari, H. (2013). “Characterization and 2,4-D adsorption of sepiolite nanofibers modified by N-cetylpyridinium cations.” J. of Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 168, 30-36.
39. Randelovic, M., Purenovic, M., Zarubica, A., Purenovic, J., Matovic, B., and Momcilovic, M. (2012). “Synthesis of composite by application of mixed Fe, Mg (hydr)oxides coatings onto bentonite-A use for the removal of Pb(II) from water.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 199/200, 367-374.
40. Dalida, M.L.P., Mariano, A.F.V., Futalan, C.M., Kan, C.C., Tsai, W.C., and Wan, M.W. (2011). “Adsorptive removal of Cu(II) from aqueous solutions using non-crosslinked and crosslinked chitosan-coated bentonite beads.” J. of Desalination, 275, 154-159.
41. Huang, R., Wang, B., Yang, B., Zheng, D., and Zhang, Z. (2011). “Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies of adsorption of Cd(II) from aqueous solution onto HACC-bentonite.” J. of Desalination,
42. Jiang, M., Wang, Q., Jin, X., and Chen, Z. (2009). “Removal of Pb(II) from aqueous solution using modified and unmodified kaolinite clay.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 170, 332-339.
43. Ozdes, D., Duran, C., and Senturk, H.B. (2011). “Adsorptive removal of Cd(II) and Pb(II) ions from aqueous solutions by using Turkish illitic clay.” J. of Environmental Management,92, 3082-3090.
44. Zhang, A.C., Sun, L.S., Xiang, J., Hu, S., Fu, P., and Su, S. (2009). “Removal of ele-mental mercury from coal combustion flue gas by bentonite–chitosan and their modifier.” J. of Fuel Chemistry and Technology, 37, 489-495.
45. Deng, Y., Wang, L., Hu, X., Liu, B., Wei, Z., Yang, S., and Sun, C. (2012). “Highly efficient removal of tannic acid from aqueous solution by chitosan-coated attapulgite.” J. of Chemical Engineering, 181/182, 300-306.
46. Thamilarasu, P., Sivakumar, P., and Karunakaran, K. (2011). “Removal of Ni(II) from aqueous solutions by adsorption onto Cajanus Cajan L Milps seed shell activated carbon.” Indian. J. of Chem. Technol.,
47. Copello, G.J., Diaz, L.E., and DallOrto, V.C. (2012). “Adsorption of Cd(II) and Pb(II) onto a one
step-synthesized polyampholyte: Kinetics and equilibrium studies.” J. of Hazardous Materials,