- Eren, E. (2009). “Removal of lead ions by Unye (Turkey) bentonite in iron and magnesium oxide-ated forms.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 165, 63-70.
- He, Y.F., Zhang, L., Wang, R.M., Li, H.R., and Wang, Y. (2012). “Loess clay based copolymer for removing Pb(II) ions.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 227/228, 334-340.
- Niu, Y., Qu, R., Sun, C., Wang, C., Chen, H., Ji, C., Zhang, Y., Shao, X., and Bu, F. (2013). “Adsorption of Pb(II) from aqueous solution by silica-gel supported hyperbranched polyamidoamine dendrimers.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 244/245, 276-286.
- Ozcan, A.S., Gok, O., and Ozcan, A. (2009). “Adsorption of lead(II) ions onto 8-hydroxy quinoline-immobilized bentonite.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 161, 499-509.
- Liu, B., Lv, X., Meng, X., Yu, G., and Wang, D. (2013). “Removal of Pb(II) from aqueous solution using dithiocarbamate modified chitosan beads with Pb(II) as imprinted ions.” J. of Chemical Engineering,
- Ozdes, D., Gundogdu, A., Kemer, B., Duran, C., Senturk, H.B., and Soylak, M. (2009). “Removal of Pb(II) ions from aqueous solution by a waste mud from copper mine industry: Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic study.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 166, 1480-1487.
- Gupta, N., Kushwaha, A.K., and Chattopadhyaya, M.C. (2012). “Adsorptive removal of Pb2+, Co2+ and Ni2+by hydroxyapatite/chitosan composite from aqueous solution.” J. of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, 43, 125-131.
- Zhang, H., Tong, Z., Wei, T., and Tang, Y. (2012). “Sorption characteristics of Pb(II) on alkaline Ca-bentonite.” J. of Applied Clay Science, 65/66, 21-23.
- Liang, X., Xu, Y., Wang, L., Sun, Y., Lin, D., Sun, Y., Qin, X., and Wan, Q. (2013). “Sorption of Pb2+ on mercapto functionalized sepiolite,” J. of Chemosphere, 90, 548-555.
10. Fan, Q., Li, Z., Zhao, H., Jia, Z., Xu, J., and Wu, W. (2009). “Adsorption of Pb(II) on palygorskite from aqueous solution: Effects of pH, ionic strength and temperature.” J. of Applied Clay Science, 45, 111-116.
11. Hamidpour, M., Kalbasi, M., Afyuni, M., Shariatmadari, H., and Furrer, G. (2011). “Sorption of lead on Iranian bentonite and zeolite: Kinetics and isotherms.” J. of Environ. Earth. Sci., 62, 559-568.
12. Boudrahem, F., Soualah, A., and Aissani-Benissad, F. (2011). “Pb(II) and Cd(II) removal from aqueous solutions using activated carbon developed from coffee residue activated with phosphoric acid and zinc chloride.” J. of Chem. Eng. Data, 56, 1946-1955.
13. Yu, F., Wu, Y., Ma, J., and Zhang, C. (2013). “Adsorption of lead on multi-walled carbon nanotubes with di fferent outer diameters and oxygen contents: Kinetics, isotherms and thermodynamics.” J. of Environmental Sciences, 25(1), 195-203.
14. Wan Ngah, W.S., and Fatinathan, S. (2010). “Pb(II) biosorption using chitosan and chitosan derivatives beads: Equilibrium, ion exchange and mechanism studies.” J. of Environmental Sciences, 22(3), 338-346.
15. Wan Ngah, W.S., Teong, L.C., and Hanafiah, M.A.K.M. (2011). “Adsorption of dyes and heavy metal ions by chitosan composites: A review.” J. of Carbohydrate Polymers, 83, 1446-1456.
16. Wan, M.W., Kan, C.C., Rogel, B.D., and Dalida, M.L.P. (2010). “Adsorption of copper (II) and lead (II) ions from aqueous solution on chitosan-coated sand.” J. of Carbohydrate Polymers, 80, 891-899.
17. Fan, L., Luo, C., Sun, M., Li, X., and Qiu, H. (2013). “Highly selective adsorption of lead ions by water-dispersible magnetic chitosan/graphene oxide composites.” J. of Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 103, 523- 529.
18. Laus, R., Costa, T.G., Szpoganicz, B., and Favere, V.T. (2010). “Adsorption and desorption of Cu(II), Cd(II) and Pb(II) ions using chitosan crosslinked with epichlorohydrin-triphosphate as the adsorbent.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 183, 233-241.
19. Futalan, C.M., Kan, C.C., Dalida, M.L., Hsien, K.J., Pascua, C., and Wan, M.W. (2011). “Comparative and competitive adsorption of copper, lead, and nickel using chitosan immobilized on bentonite.” J. of Carbohydrate Polymers, 83, 528-536.
20. Wang, L., and Wang, A. (2008). “Adsorption behaviors of Congo red on the N, O-carboxymethyl-chitosan/montmorillonite nanocomposite.” J. of Chemical Engineering, 143, 43-50.
21. Humelnicu, D., Dinu, M.V., and Dragan, E.S. (2011). “Adsorption characteristics of UO22+ and Th4+ ions from simulated radioactive solutions onto chitosan/clinoptilolite sorbents.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 185, 447-455.
22. Chen, D., Li, W., Wu, Y., Zhu, Q., Lu, Z., and Du, G. (2013). “Preparation and characterization of chitosan/montmorillonite magnetic microspheres and its application for the removal of Cr (VI).” J. of Chemical Engineering, 221, 8-15.
23. Monvisade, P., and Siriphannon, P. (2009). “Chitosan intercalated montmorillonite: Preparation, characterization and cationic dye adsorption.” J. of Applied Clay Science,42, 427- 431.
24. Peng, Y., Chen, D., Ji, J., Kong, Y., Wan, H., and Yao, C. (2013). “Chitosan-modified palygorskite: Preparation, characterization and reactive dye removal.” J. of Applied Clay Science, 74, 81-86.
25. Gandhi, M.R., Kousalya, G.N., and Meenakshi, S. (2011). “Removal of copper(II) using chitin/chitosan nano-hydroxyapatite composite.” Int. J. of Biological Macromolecules, 48, 119-124.
26. Santos, H.H., and Demarchi, C.A. (2011). “Adsorption of As(III) on chitosan-Fe-crosslinked complex
(Ch-Fe).” J. of Chemosphere, 82, 278-283.
27. Saravanan, D., Gomathi, T., and Sudha, P.N. (2013). “Sorption studies on heavy metal removal using chitin/bentonite biocomposite.” Int. J. of Biological Macromolecules, 53, 67-71.
28. Monier, M., Ayad, D.M., Wei, Y., and Sarhan, A.A. (2010). “Adsorption of Cu(II), Co(II), and Ni(II) ions by modified magnetic chitosan chelating resin.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 177, 962-970.
29. Zou, X., Pan, J., Ou, H., and Wang, X. (2011). “Adsorptive removal of Cr(III) and Fe(III) from aqueous solution by chitosan/attapulgite composites: Equilibrium, thermodynamics and kinetics.” J. of Chemical Engineering, 167, 112-121.
30. Wan Ngah, W.S., Teong, L.C., Toh, R.H., and Hanafiah, M.A.K.M. (2013). “Comparative study on adsorption and desorption of Cu(II) ions by three types of chitosan-zeolite composites.” J. of Chemical Engineering, 223, 231-238.
31. Wan Ngah, W.S., Teong, L.C., Toh, R.H., and Hanafiah, M.A.K.M. (2012). “Utilization of chitosan-zeolite composite in the removal of Cu(II) from aqueous solution: Adsorption, desorption and fixed bed column studies.” J. of Chemical Engineering, 209, 46-53.
32. Zhai, R., Zhang, B., Wan, Y., Li, C., Wang, J., and Liu, J. (2013). “Chitosan-halloysite hybrid-nanotubes: Horseradish peroxidase immobilization and applications in phenol removal.” J. of Chemical Engineering, 214, 304-309.
33. Gandhi, M.R., and Meenakshi, S. (2012). “Preparation and characterization of silica gel/chitosan composite for the removal of Cu(II) and Pb(II).” Int. J. of Biological Macromolecules, 50, 650-657.
34. Bidgoli, H., Zamani, A., and Taherzadeh, M.J. (2010). “Effect of carboxymethylation conditions on the water-binding capacity of chitosan-based superabsorbents.” J. of Carbohydrate Research, 345, 2683-2689.
35. Rhoads, J.W. (1986). “Cation exchange capacity.” Page, C.A. (Ed.), Methods of soil analysis Part 2. ASA, Madison, WI, 149-158.
36. Sheikhhosseini, A., Shirvani, M., and Shariatmadari, H. (2013). “Competitive sorption of nickel, cadmium, zinc and copper on palygorskite and sepiolite silicate clay minerals.” J. of Geoderma, 192, 249-253.
37. Gunay, A., Arslankaya, E., and Tosun, I. (2007). “Lead removal from aqueous solution by natural and pretreated clinoptilolite: Adsorption equilibrium and kinetics.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 146, 362-371.
38. Bakhtiary, S., Shirvani, M., and Shariatmadari, H. (2013). “Characterization and 2,4-D adsorption of sepiolite nanofibers modified by N-cetylpyridinium cations.” J. of Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 168, 30-36.
39. Randelovic, M., Purenovic, M., Zarubica, A., Purenovic, J., Matovic, B., and Momcilovic, M. (2012). “Synthesis of composite by application of mixed Fe, Mg (hydr)oxides coatings onto bentonite-A use for the removal of Pb(II) from water.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 199/200, 367-374.
40. Dalida, M.L.P., Mariano, A.F.V., Futalan, C.M., Kan, C.C., Tsai, W.C., and Wan, M.W. (2011). “Adsorptive removal of Cu(II) from aqueous solutions using non-crosslinked and crosslinked chitosan-coated bentonite beads.” J. of Desalination, 275, 154-159.
41. Huang, R., Wang, B., Yang, B., Zheng, D., and Zhang, Z. (2011). “Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies of adsorption of Cd(II) from aqueous solution onto HACC-bentonite.” J. of Desalination,
42. Jiang, M., Wang, Q., Jin, X., and Chen, Z. (2009). “Removal of Pb(II) from aqueous solution using modified and unmodified kaolinite clay.” J. of Hazardous Materials, 170, 332-339.
43. Ozdes, D., Duran, C., and Senturk, H.B. (2011). “Adsorptive removal of Cd(II) and Pb(II) ions from aqueous solutions by using Turkish illitic clay.” J. of Environmental Management,92, 3082-3090.
44. Zhang, A.C., Sun, L.S., Xiang, J., Hu, S., Fu, P., and Su, S. (2009). “Removal of ele-mental mercury from coal combustion flue gas by bentonite–chitosan and their modifier.” J. of Fuel Chemistry and Technology, 37, 489-495.
45. Deng, Y., Wang, L., Hu, X., Liu, B., Wei, Z., Yang, S., and Sun, C. (2012). “Highly efficient removal of tannic acid from aqueous solution by chitosan-coated attapulgite.” J. of Chemical Engineering, 181/182, 300-306.
46. Thamilarasu, P., Sivakumar, P., and Karunakaran, K. (2011). “Removal of Ni(II) from aqueous solutions by adsorption onto Cajanus Cajan L Milps seed shell activated carbon.” Indian. J. of Chem. Technol.,
47. Copello, G.J., Diaz, L.E., and DallOrto, V.C. (2012). “Adsorption of Cd(II) and Pb(II) onto a one
step-synthesized polyampholyte: Kinetics and equilibrium studies.” J. of Hazardous Materials,