- Ataie-Ashtiani, B. (2010). Study of optimum groundwater usage in Kish Island, Final Reports, Iran Kish Free Zone Organization (KFZO). (In Persian)
- Mahmoodzadeh, D. (2013). “Effect of sea level rise and aquifer characteristics on seawater intrusion in coastal aquifers.” MSc Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Terhan. (In Persian)
- Ketabchi, H., and Ataie-Ashtiani, B. (2015). “Assessment of a parallel evolutionary optimization approach for efficient management of coastal aquifers.” Environ. Modell. Softw. 74, 21-38.
- Rajabi, M.M., Ketabchi, H., and Ataie-Ashtiani, B. (2011). “Numerical modeling of the freshwater lens in small islands (Case study of Kish Island).” Journal of Hydraulics, 2, 45-86. (In Persian)
- Ataie-Ashtiani, B., Ketabchi, H., and Rajabi, M.M. (2014). “Optimal management of freshwater lens in a small island using surrogate models and evolutionary algorithms.” J. Hydrol. Eng., 19 (2), 339-354.
- Ataie-Ashtiani, B., Rajabi, M.M., and Ketabchi, H. (2013). “Inverse modeling for freshwater lens in small islands: Kish Island, Persian Gulf.” Hydrol. Process, 27, 2759-2773.
- Amy, Y.L., and Hilton, B.C. (2007). “Short communication optimal groundwater monitoring design using an ant colony optimization paradigm.” Environ.Modell. Softw., 22, 110-116.
- Gaur, S., Chahar, B.R., and Graillot, D. (2011). “Analytic elements method and particle swarm optimization based simulation-optimization model for groundwater management.” J. Hyd., 402 (3), 217-227.
- Ayvaz, M.T. (2009). “ Application of harmony search algorithm to the solution of groundwater management models.” Adv. Water. Resour., 32, 916-924.
10. Ayvaz, M.T., and Elci, A. (2013). “A groundwater management tool for solving the pumping cost minimization problem for the Tahtali watershed (Izmir-Turkey) using hybrid HS-Solver optimization algorithm.” J. Hyd., 478, 63-76.
11. Ketabchi, H., and Ataie-Ashtiani, B. (2015). “Evolutionary algorithms for the optimal management of coastal groundwater: A comparative study toward future challenges.” J. Hyd., 520, 193-213.
12. Ketabchi, H., and Ataie-Ashtiani, B. (2015). “Review: Coastal groundwater optimization - advances, challenges, and practical solutions. Special Issue Optimization for Groundwater Characterization and Management.” Hydrogol J., 23(6), 1129-1154.
13. Mahmoodzadeh, D., Ketabchi, H., Ataie-Ashtiani, B., and Simmons, C.T. (2014). “Conceptualization of a fresh groundwater lens influenced by climate change: A modeling study of an arid-region island in the Persian Gulf, Iran.” J. Hyd., 519, 399-413.
14. Ataie-Ashtiani, B., and Ketabchi, H. (2014). Groundwater hydraulics and pollutant transport, Sharif University of Technology Publication, Tehran. (In Persian)
15. Ataie-Ashtiani, B., and Ketabchi, H. (2011). “Elitist continuous ant colony optimization algorithm for optimal management of coastal aquifers.” Water Resour. Manage., 25, 165-190.
16. Ketabchi, H., and Ataie-Ashtiani, B. (2010-2011). “Development of combined ant colony optimization algorithm and numerical simulation for optimal management of coastal aquifers.” IR-WRR., 7 (1), 1-12
17. Ketabchi, H. (2014). “An efficient simulation-optimization model for coastal groundwater management.”
PhD Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran. (In Persian)
19. Voss, C.I., and Provost, A.M. (2010). SUTRA: A model for saturated-unsaturated, variable-density groundwater flow with solute or energy transport, USGS Water-Resources Investigations Report, 02-4231, USA.
20. Michael, H.A., Russoniello, C.J., and Byron, L.A. (2013). “Global assessment of vulnerability to sea-level rise in topography-limited and recharge-limited coastal groundwater systems.” Water Resour Res., 49(4), 2228-2240.
21. Afshar, M.H., Ketabchi, H., and Rasa, E. (2006). “Elitist continuous ant colony optimization algorithm: Application to reservoir operation problems.” Inter. J. Civil. Eng
., 4(4), 274-285.
- 22. Pourtakdoust, S.H., and Nobahari, H. (2004). “An extension of ant colony system to continuous optimization problems.” In. Ant colony optimization and swarm intelligence, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 294-301
23. Ataie-Ashtiani, B., Werner, A.D., Simmons, C.T., Morgan, L.K., and Lu, C. (2013). “How important is the impact of land-surface inundation on seawater intrusion caused by sea-level rise?.” Hydrogol. J., 21(7), 1673-1677.
24. International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Climate Change. (2013). The physical science basis, Working group 1 contribution to the fifth assessment report of the international panel on climate change, Cambridge, New York.
25. Ketabchi, H., Mahmoodzadeh, D., Ataie-Ashtiani, B., Werner, A.D., and Simmons, C.T. (2014). “Sea-level rise impact on fresh groundwater lenses in two-layer small islands.” Hydrol Process, 28, 5938-5953.