Ataie-Ashtiani, B. (2010). Study of optimum groundwater usage in Kish Island, Final Reports, Iran Kish Free Zone Organization (KFZO). (In Persian)
Mahmoodzadeh, D. (2013). “Effect of sea level rise and aquifer characteristics on seawater intrusion in coastal aquifers.” MSc Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Terhan. (In Persian)
Ketabchi, H., and Ataie-Ashtiani, B. (2015). “Assessment of a parallel evolutionary optimization approach for efficient management of coastal aquifers.” Environ. Modell. Softw. 74, 21-38.
Rajabi, M.M., Ketabchi, H., and Ataie-Ashtiani, B. (2011). “Numerical modeling of the freshwater lens in small islands (Case study of Kish Island).” Journal of Hydraulics, 2, 45-86. (In Persian)
Ataie-Ashtiani, B., Ketabchi, H., and Rajabi, M.M. (2014). “Optimal management of freshwater lens in a small island using surrogate models and evolutionary algorithms.” J. Hydrol. Eng., 19 (2), 339-354.
Ataie-Ashtiani, B., Rajabi, M.M., and Ketabchi, H. (2013). “Inverse modeling for freshwater lens in small islands: Kish Island, Persian Gulf.” Hydrol. Process, 27, 2759-2773.
Amy, Y.L., and Hilton, B.C. (2007). “Short communication optimal groundwater monitoring design using an ant colony optimization paradigm.” Environ.Modell. Softw., 22, 110-116.
Gaur, S., Chahar, B.R., and Graillot, D. (2011). “Analytic elements method and particle swarm optimization based simulation-optimization model for groundwater management.” J. Hyd., 402 (3), 217-227.
Ayvaz, M.T. (2009). “ Application of harmony search algorithm to the solution of groundwater management models.” Adv. Water. Resour., 32, 916-924.
10. Ayvaz, M.T., and Elci, A. (2013). “A groundwater management tool for solving the pumping cost minimization problem for the Tahtali watershed (Izmir-Turkey) using hybrid HS-Solver optimization algorithm.” J. Hyd., 478, 63-76.
11. Ketabchi, H., and Ataie-Ashtiani, B. (2015). “Evolutionary algorithms for the optimal management of coastal groundwater: A comparative study toward future challenges.” J. Hyd., 520, 193-213.
12. Ketabchi, H., and Ataie-Ashtiani, B. (2015). “Review: Coastal groundwater optimization - advances, challenges, and practical solutions. Special Issue Optimization for Groundwater Characterization and Management.” Hydrogol J., 23(6), 1129-1154.
13. Mahmoodzadeh, D., Ketabchi, H., Ataie-Ashtiani, B., and Simmons, C.T. (2014). “Conceptualization of a fresh groundwater lens influenced by climate change: A modeling study of an arid-region island in the Persian Gulf, Iran.” J. Hyd., 519, 399-413.
14. Ataie-Ashtiani, B., and Ketabchi, H. (2014). Groundwater hydraulics and pollutant transport, Sharif University of Technology Publication, Tehran. (In Persian)
15. Ataie-Ashtiani, B., and Ketabchi, H. (2011). “Elitist continuous ant colony optimization algorithm for optimal management of coastal aquifers.” Water Resour. Manage., 25, 165-190.
16. Ketabchi, H., and Ataie-Ashtiani, B. (2010-2011). “Development of combined ant colony optimization algorithm and numerical simulation for optimal management of coastal aquifers.” IR-WRR., 7 (1), 1-12
17. Ketabchi, H. (2014). “An efficient simulation-optimization model for coastal groundwater management.”
PhD Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran. (In Persian)
19. Voss, C.I., and Provost, A.M. (2010). SUTRA: A model for saturated-unsaturated, variable-density groundwater flow with solute or energy transport, USGS Water-Resources Investigations Report, 02-4231, USA.
20. Michael, H.A., Russoniello, C.J., and Byron, L.A. (2013). “Global assessment of vulnerability to sea-level rise in topography-limited and recharge-limited coastal groundwater systems.” Water Resour Res., 49(4), 2228-2240.
21. Afshar, M.H., Ketabchi, H., and Rasa, E. (2006). “Elitist continuous ant colony optimization algorithm: Application to reservoir operation problems.” Inter. J. Civil. Eng
., 4(4), 274-285.
22. Pourtakdoust, S.H., and Nobahari, H. (2004). “An extension of ant colony system to continuous optimization problems.” In. Ant colony optimization and swarm intelligence, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 294-301
23. Ataie-Ashtiani, B., Werner, A.D., Simmons, C.T., Morgan, L.K., and Lu, C. (2013). “How important is the impact of land-surface inundation on seawater intrusion caused by sea-level rise?.” Hydrogol. J., 21(7), 1673-1677.
24. International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Climate Change. (2013). The physical science basis, Working group 1 contribution to the fifth assessment report of the international panel on climate change, Cambridge, New York.
25. Ketabchi, H., Mahmoodzadeh, D., Ataie-Ashtiani, B., Werner, A.D., and Simmons, C.T. (2014). “Sea-level rise impact on fresh groundwater lenses in two-layer small islands.” Hydrol Process, 28, 5938-5953.