1. Chon, D.H., Rome, M.C., Kim, Y.M., Park, K.Y., and Park, C. (2011). “Investigation of the sludge reduction mechanism in the anaerobic side-stream reactor process using several control biological wastewater treatment processes.” Water Research, 45, 6021-6029.
2. Takdastan, A., Mehrdadi, N., Azimi, A.A., Torabian, A., and Nabi Bidhendi, G. (2009). “Intermittent chlorination system in biological excess sludge reduction by sequencing batch reactor.” Iranian Journal of Environmental Health Science Engineering, 6(1), 53-60.
3. Takdastan, A., Azimi, A., Jaafarzadeh, N. (2010). “Biological excess sludge reduction in municipal wastewater treatment by chlorine.” Asian Journal of Chemistry, 22,1665-1670.
4. Guowei, C., Pengge1, X., Deqian1, X., and Hanqing Y. (2007). “Comparison between inhibitor and uncoupler for minimizing excess sludge production of an activated sludge process.” Frontiers of Environmental Science and Engineering in China, 1(1), 63-66.
5. Perez-Elvira, S.I., Diez, P.N., and Polanco, F.F. (2006). “Sludge minimization technologies.” Reviews in Environmental Science and Bio/Technology, 5, 375-398.
6. Tokumura, M., Sekine, M., Yoshinari, M., Znad, H.T., and Kawase Y., (2007). “Photo-fenton process for excess sludge disintegration.” Process Biochem., 42, 627-633.
7. Xie, W.M., Ni, B.J., Sheng, G.P., Yu, H.Q., and Yang, M. (2010). “Substrate consumption and excess sludge reduction of activated sludge in the presence of uncouplers: A modeling approach.” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 85, 2001-2008.
8. Takdastan, A., Azimi, A., and Torabian, A. (2009). Intermittent ozonation to reduce excess biological sludge in SBR.” J. Water and Wastewater, 20-3 (73), 41-49.
9. Takdastan, A., and Pazoki, M. (2011). “Study of biological excess sludge reduction in sequencing batch reactor by heating the reactor.” Asian Journal of Chemistry, 23, 29-34.
10. Mahmoudi, P., Takdastan, A., Alavi, N., and Kayedi, N. (2013). “Study of excess sludge reduction in conventional activated sludge process by heating returned sludge.” Asian Journal of Chemistry, 25, 2627-2632.
11. Canales, A., Pareilleux, A., Rols, J. I., Goma, C., and Huyard, A. (1994). “Decreased sludge production strategy for domestic waste water treatment.” Wat. Sci. Tech., 30(8), 96-106.
12. Takdastan, A., and Eslami, A. (2013). “Application of energy spilling mechanism by para-nitrophenol in biological excess sludge reduction in batch-activated sludge reactor.” International Journal of Energy and Environmental Engineering, 4, 233-245.
13. Low, E.W., Chase, H.A., Milner, M.G., and Curtis, T.P. (2000). “Uncoupling of metabolism to reduce biomass production in the activated sludge process.” Water Res., 34, 3204-3212.
14. Koners, U., Toepfl, S., Heinz, V., Camacho, P., et al. (2004). “Application of pulsed electric field treatment for sludge reduction on waste water treatment plants.” In: 2nd European Pulsed Power Symposium (EPPS), International Society on Pulsed Power Applications, Shaker, Aachen, pp.47-52.
15. Hassani, A. H., Nejaei, A., and Torabian, A. (2011). “Excess sludge minimization in conventional activated sludge pilot plant by three chemical matters.” Int. J. Environ. Res., 5(4), 981-988.
16. Saby, S., Malik, D., and Guang-Hao, Ch. (2003). “Effect of low ORP in anoxic sludge zone on excess sludge production in oxic-settling-anoxic activated sludge process.” Water Research, 37 (1), 11-20.
17. Wang, J., Zhao, Q., Jin, W., and Lin, J. (2008). “Mechanism on minimization of excess sludge in oxic-settlinganaerobic (OSA) process.” Environ. Sci. Eng., 2(1), 36-43.
18. Khursheed, A., and Kazemi, A.A. (2011). “Retrospective of ecological approaches to excess sludge reduction.” Water Research, 45, 4287-4310.
19. Torregrossa, M., Di Bella, G., and Di Trapani, D. (2012). “Comparison between ozonation and OSA process: Analysis of excess sludge reduction and biomass activity in two different pilot plants.” Water Science and Technology, 66 (1), 185-192.
20. Abbassi, B., Dullstein, S, and Rabiger, N. (2000). “Minimization of excess sludge production by increase of oxygen concentration in activated sludge flocks: Experimental and theoretical apperoch.” Water Research, 34(1), 139-146.
21. Dytczaka, M. A., Londryb, K. L., Siegristc, H., and Oleszkiewicza, J. A. (2007). “Ozonation reduces sludge production and improves denitrification.” Water Research, 41, 543-550.
22. Chua, L., Yanb, S., Xingb, X.H., Sunc, X., and Jurcik, B. (2009). “Progress and perspectives of sludge ozonation as a powerful pretreatment method for minimization of excess sludge production A review.” Water Research, 43, 1811-1822.
23. Fazelipour, M., Takdastan, A., and Sekhavatjou, M. S. (2011). “Survey on chlorine application in sequencing batch reactor waste sludge in order to sludge minimization.” Asian Journal of Chemistry, 23(7), 2994-2998.
24. Hoon Yoon, S., Soo Kim, H., and Lee, S. (2004). “Incorporation of ultrasonic cell disintegration into a membrane bioreactor for zero sludge production.” Process Biochemistry, 39,1923-1929.
25. Lee, N. M., and Welander, T. (1996). “Use of protozoa and metazoa for decreasing sludge production in aerobic wastewater treatment.” Biotechnology Letters, 18 (4), 429-434.
26. Ramakrishna, D.M., and Viraraghavan, T. (2005). “Strategies for sludge minimization in activated sludge process-A review.” Fresenius Environmental Bulletin, 14(1), 2-12.
27. Tempest, D. W., and Niejssel, O. M. (1992). “Physiological and energetic aspects of bacterial metabolite overproduction.” FEMS Microbiol. lett., 100, 169-176.
28. Bitton, G. (2005). Wastewater microbiology, Wiley, NY.
29. Takdastan, A., Mehrdadi, N., Eslami, A. (2014). “Effect of various ORP on excess sludge reduction in oxic-settling-anaerobic batch-activated sludge.” International Journal of Microbiology and Immunology Research, 2, 041-047.
30. APHA. (1998). Standard methods for examination of water and wastewater, 15th Ed., American Public Health Association, USA.
31. Takdastan, A., Mehrdadi, N., Torabian, A., and Azimi, A. (2009) “Investigation of Excess Biological Sludge Reduction in Sequencing Bach Reactor.” Asian Journal of Chemistry, 21, 2419-2425
32. Jin, W. B., Wang, J. F., Zhao, Q.L., and Lin, J.K. (2008). “Performance and mechanism of excess sludge reduction in an OSA (oxic-settling-anaerobic) process.” Europe Pub Med Centreal, 29 (3), 726-732.
33. Pazoki, M., Takdastan, A., and Jaafarzadeh, N. (2010) “Investigation of minimization of excess sludge production in sequencing batch reactor by heating some sludge.” Asian Journal of Chemistry, 22, 235-240.
34. Foladori, P., Gianni, A., and Giuliano, Z. (2010). Sludge reduction technologies in wastewater treatment plants, IWA Publishing, London, UK.